Wish I'd Said It

Weeds are flowers too - once you get to know them.

- A. A. Milne

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I love animals too but...

HYDERABAD, India (Reuters) - Unable to come to terms with the death of their pet dog, an elderly couple in southern India committed suicide by hanging themselves, police said on Monday.

The bodies of 67-year-old retired soldier C.N. Madanraj and his wife, Tarabai, 63, were found on Sunday in their home in a suburb of Hyderabad.

Police said the childless couple had held a burial ceremony for their dog of 13 years, called "Puppy," and hosted a feast for friends before hanging themselves in their bedroom.

"The couple described the grief over their pet dog in the suicide note they left on March 29," said police inspector V. Anantaiah.

Discuss. (Whilst I work on a real blog post....)

2 comments:

ohdawno said...

I'm speechless, totally speechless. Ok, not really. But it does take a moment to shake the feeling of unreality. I have to think that there were other factors - long term depression or something - and this was just too much for them. Sad.

Here I couldn't get to sleep and thought I'd come read your blog for a nice, light-hearted post before giving it another try.

*sigh*

Frank Baron said...

I'm sorry Dawno. Try again in a little while. I'll work on having something peaceful and pleasant for you. :)