Wish I'd Said It

Weeds are flowers too - once you get to know them.

- A. A. Milne

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Here's to Mario and Debbie

For the first time in eons (okay, since the early-ish 90s) I went to a New Year's Eve party.

There were about a dozen of us in the host's cozy, wood-stove-heated sun room he'd built himself.

During the course of the evening we feasted on lobster, crab, scallops, shrimp, bbq-d steak, salad and a host of hors d'ouevres. There were beverages of course. Since I am the Poster Child of moderation I stuck to Scotch, Irish Mist and Courvoisier. I may possibly have had a sip or three of some other stuff as it made the rounds. Oh yeah, there were those Jello vodka shooter thingys too. They were good.

It was a wonderful evening chockfull of fine food shared with fine people.

Thanks Mario. Thanks Debbie. I hope we can do it again next year.

Pretty sure I'll have recovered by then.

1 comment:

Esther Avila said...

Sounds like a lovely evening. The food - delicious and the company, fun.